voters to determine the size, scope, and direction of government
|9 Principles and 12 Values|
In early 2009, 9/12 groups sprang up across the country after conservative radio and television host Glenn Beck encouraged citizens to start meeting together to discuss the Constitution and the principles of liberty upon which our great nation was founded. Each of these groups is an independent entity, and neither Glenn Beck nor any other authority centrally directs them.
However, all 9/12 groups do unite under a set of 9 principles and 12 values. These principles and values provide common ground for members who self-identify as Republicans, moderate Democrats, Independents--and even those who have never until now thought of themselves as political in any way.
We have yet to find anyone who can't agree with all 12 of the values, but if you find yourself in agreement with even 7 of the 9 principles listed below, you are almost certainly a 9/12er.
The Nine Principles
1. America is good.
2. I believe in God and He is the center of my life.
3. I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday.
4. The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, not the government.
5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.
6. I have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results.
7. I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable.
8. It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion.
9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.
The 12 Values
You Are Not Alone!